Baccarat is a card game in which participants must score the maximum number of points, for which 2 or 3 cards are used. You can read the rules of baccarat online here: https://baccarat-gambling.jp/rules.htm
During the Middle Ages, baccarat was played using the Tarot cards. Already in the late 15th century, French nobles often spent their leisure time at the card table, playing it. Around this period, gambling aristocrats began to take a regular deck of 52 cards.
In the age of computer technology has the opportunity to play without leaving home. Today, the Internet is almost everywhere. You can enjoy the game anywhere in the universe.
Baccarat: the rules of the game
Modern rules are based on a variant of "mini-baccarat". ow the points are calculated:
- An ace is one point;
- cards from 2 to 9 - face values (respectively, from two to nine);
- king, queen and jack - zero points.
If a player scores ten points or more, then 10 is subtracted from this sum, and what is left is recorded on the score.
Example: Player 1 has 8+5=13, they write 13-10=3 on his score. Player 2 took 7+3=10, total: 10-10=0.
Description of the game process
Players make bets on one of the three fields: Player (Player), Bank (victory of the dealer) or Tie (draw). Limitations on the size of bets agreed in advance.Players receive two cards.
- Option 1: The Dealer (Banker) or his opponent, with 2 cards, scores 9 points. This is a "natural" victory - all bets are taken by the winner.
- Variant 2: the participant (any) scores more than 9 points - in this case 10 points are subtracted from the sum and the game continues.
- Variant 3: the first player has 8 points, and his opponent has less, it is also the net win of participant 1.
- Option 4: All players in the game have less than 8 or 9 points in their hands. Then they are given a third card, but unless the player (or dealer) has more than 5 points. If the banker has 5 points, a third card is given to him if his opponent has no cards with denominations: 4, 5, 6, or 7 points.
Don't forget the hard rules of the game
Strict rules also apply (when the third card is dealt to the banker):
- the dealer has at least 6 points, but the opponent didn't take the 3rd card, then the banker doesn't get it either;
- the dealer has 3 points, the player has less than 8, the banker gets the third card;
- if the dealer has 2 points or less, the third card is given to him;
- The banker also gets a third card if he only has 4 points and his opponent has no aces, kings, queens, jacks, eights, or nines.
- If both players have the same amount of points, the dealer declares a draw and the next hand begins. Peculiarities of payment of winnings:
- if betting on a player's victory (Player field) the calculation of the winning is made from the ratio of 1:1;
- if the bet was made on a draw (Tie) then the winner will receive 9 times his bet;
For the participant who bet on the winning bank (the Bank sector), the calculation will be made so: 1:1 (minus 5% - bank commission).
Note: in a real game involves no more than 14 people. When playing online, most often the process is between a person and a virtual opponent - a computer system.